In Peter Diamandis’ book, “Bold” he talks about working across from someone who had a sign that read, “If something can go wrong, it will. – Murphy’s Law” Fed up with looking at it day after day, he created his own sign that read, “If something can go wrong, Fix it!!… to hell with Murphy!” Since then he’s been writing writing down his “laws” and collecting them under “Peter’s Laws.” Inspired by his advice to do the same for yourself, I’ve done that here.
- You never know unless you ask.
- Keep your eyes on the prize.
- Communicate clearly, act consistently, hold yourself and others accountable.
- Begin with the end in mind.
- Have a plan. Have a f*ing plan. Even if it didn’t work, at least you had a plan.
- YOU are responsible for creating the world you want to live in.
- You gotta be willing to be lucky.
- Ride the wave to shore.
- You have to paddle out to catch the next one.
- What’s in there? Only what you take with you.
- These are the good ol’ days.
- You ski towards what you stare at.